Monday, March 30, 2009

Objects of Lust: New Florence Broadhurst Rugs

Thirty two years after a still-unsolved murder brutally ended her flamboyant and controversial life, Florence Broadhurst's dramatic designs are still as heart-stopping as the day she dreamt them up.

Broadhurst's intensely colorful, geometric and nature-inspired patterns are available as indulgent fabrics and luxe wallpapers, and British firm Knots Interiors came out with a line of Broadhurst rugs in 2007. Now, several more of the Australian icon's timeless designs have been reproduced as handknotted wool-and-silk rugs by the U.S.-based, high-end carpet company Woven Accents.

A few of my faves from this new collection:

Honeycomb in cornflour

Floral 300 in scarlet and ivory

Kabuki in olive and brunette

Solar in saffron and navy

Japanese Floral in tangerine

Horses Stampede in noir and steel

Siam in cream and aqua

The rugs are available for order through L.A's Woodson & Rummerfield's. (The cost: Most likely more than many of us can afford. But let's all just indulge in a collective swoon anyway, OK?)

P.S. For more on Broadhurst, pick up a copy of the gorgeous book, Florence Broadhurst: Her Secret & Extraordinary Lives.

7 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

I was just looking at these in Australian Vogue over the weekend! I love the horse pattern - it's always been a favourite of mine!

Arlynn said...

That japanese Floral rig is to die for. Seriously.

These are all fantastic : - )

sarah said...

That first one is amazing. I'm in the market for a new one now. This is out of my range though, so I'll keep looking. : )

Tiffany S. said...

I got totally sucked into a documentary about her the other night. I went to design school and yet I'd never heard of her!

drollgirl said...

oh my. these are really fab!

Kirrily said...

I logged on to blogger last night to write a post about the latest purse I made - with a Florence Broadhurst fabric - and saw your post! It's all so beautiful isn't it?!

loving. living. small. said...

These are fantastic! I hadn't really known about Florence Broadhurst - thanks for the intro!

xo, Rebecca

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.