Friday, February 22, 2008

Etsy Find of the Day: Tracey Falk Photography

I've been a fan of Vancouver photographer Tracey Falk (traceyj to you flickr fiends) for a long time: I often use her photos for my Friday signoffs here, because they make me feel restful and contemplative, and put me in the perfect frame of mind for curling up in a blanket on the couch after a rain-soaked stroll around town.

Tracey captures images of quiet beauty, as understated and mysterious as they are lovely. As she writes, "If there's one thing my camera has given me, it's ears to hear into that quiet, a reason to listen past all the noise to the sound of the little things, to the sound of silence -- which is, in the end, the sound of everything."

Until now, Tracey's photos could only be admired, not purchased. So I'm thrilled that she's finally opened an Etsy shop.

Some of my favorite prints currently on offer there: Snow Berries, above

Veiled

Sunset on 11th

Blue

Red Leaves

Bonus: The Canadian shutterbug will also take special orders for any of her flickr images that catch your fancy. (Ooh -- this one is going on my wish list.) Each 9-by-9-inch or 8-by-10-inch print is $30.

Visit her new Etsy shop right here.

Up next: Tracey gives us a virtual tour of her Vancouver home. We're in for a treat!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I would have to agree. Tracey has this amazing way of bringing you to a place that is completely still and tranquil. You just want to disappear.

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.